REC extends Rs 4,785 Crore for HPCL Rajasthan Refinery’s project in Barmer

0
435

New Delhi: HPCL Rajasthan Refinery Limited (HRRL) has signed a loan agreement for Rs. 48,625 crore under a consortium arrangement, with the state-run REC Ltd contributing Rs. 4,785 crore.

HRRL is constructing a greenfield refinery and petrochemical complex with a capacity of 9 MMTPA in the Barmer district of Rajasthan at a cost of 72,937 crore.

HRRL is a Joint Venture (JV) company formed on September 18, 2013 by Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)and the Government of Rajasthan. HPCL owns 74% of HRRL, with the remaining 26% owned by the Government of Rajasthan.

The project includes the construction of an energy-efficient and environmentally friendly refinery cum petrochemical complex with a capacity of 9 MMTPA, the installation of pipelines for the transportation of both Rajasthan Crude and imported crude, the installation of pipelines for the transportation of water to the refinery site, the construction of a captive Power Plant to meet the refinery’s power and steam requirements, crude and product storage facilities, township and allied facilities, and utilities.

The Project will manufacture clean fuels such as BS-VI grade Motor spritz (MS or Petrol) and BS-VI grade High Speed Diesel (HSD or Diesel), as well as petrochemical products such as polypropylene, butadiene, LLDPE, HDPE, benzene, and toluene. The Project will meet the country’s and India’s Western, Northern, and Central regions’ increased demand for petroleum and petrochemical products.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here